WELCOME to our blog's new look!
If you're looking for our website, go to www.cupcakegallery.com.au

Friday, July 16, 2010

Winter Arctic cake


All I really wanted to do was just experiment with ganache fillings... but ended up with the above :o)
This cake was made from leftover batter and ganache from making a wedding cake for tomorrow. But I couldn't really cover a cake without decorating it, could I? :o) I used what I already had sitting around (penguins) and added the icebergs and piped on some snowflakes with leftover royal icing from working on the wedding cake. Simple, but quite effective! Now for the tasting! I don't often make cakes for myself to eat, so this would be a nice change :o)

1 comment:

Shel's Kitchen said...

Really cute cake, but it should be called "Antarctic Cake".