WELCOME to our blog's new look!
If you're looking for our website, go to www.cupcakegallery.com.au

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Exclusive Cupcake Gallery cookie cutters!

Cookies is part of my range but it has never been 'my thing', I find it too limiting to have to work within a pre-made shape. Kind of takes all the creativity out of the fun! I've read that you can make your own cookie cutters, so I took advantage of this past month of cake-less-ness to do some research on how to do it.

Off I went to the shops yesterday to buy the materials I need and the plan was to give cookie cutters a try after this week. My aim for this week was to make sample cupcakes for the 3D Cupcakes Workshop and get started on the wedding bride & groom figurines for next week.... But within 30 mins of getting home with my goodies, I just couldn't wait and got started right away! My mum would tell you that I am not a patient person :o) By the end of today, I'd made 7 cutters - a set of babushkas, an owl, a baby Jesus/snowman, and a rainbow.

Today, my 3-year-old and I spent the morning making cookies and this is what we ended up with:





I think I might have found myself a new hobby! The possibilities are endless.

The great thing about making my own cookie cutters is that I can claim that these cookie designs are exclusive to The Cupcake Gallery :o)

No comments: