WELCOME to our blog's new look!
If you're looking for our website, go to www.cupcakegallery.com.au

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Easter Show cake 2012

Wow! I can't believe it's been almost 12 months since I last blogged here.
It has been a crazy 12 months for us as a family. So crazy we hardly even had time to sleep!
Most of the last 12 months were spent packing up house so we could move half way across the world to Malawi, Africa to do what God has called us to do for at least the next 10 years.
We have been in Malawi for 3 months now and settling well into our new life here in beautiful Africa.

That aside, what has been going on cake-wise in the past 12 months??

Well, back in March, I decided at the last minute to enter for one last time into the Sydney Royal Easter Show cake decorating competition. I knew competition would be tough this year since I've been bumped out of the 'novice' class into the 'open' class (once you win first place in one class, you need to move up to the next one) so I was a little worried that my cake would not meet the standards of the 'open' class.
Being the Easter Show, I wanted to make a cake that told the true meaning of Easter - that of the Son of God dying on the cross and rising from the dead for us. The result is a three tiered cake that depicted the story fo Christ from birth to ascension to Heaven. I didn't make this cake to win a prize so it was a nice surprise to find that I had been awarded 3rd prize! I used my $15 prize money to buy a showbag and my favourite cheese-on-a-stick at the Show :)





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be incredible to be working for God in such a great way! I just found you through a pin on pinterest. Your called are beautiful. I have friends that are missionaries in Nicaragua. I will keep your family in my prayers as you carry out the journey God has sent you on. WOW! GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY! :)

Wedding hair and makeup Brisbane said...

wow what a fantastic cake. Its great you won third as well.

Colette Horter said...

Oh my goodness, I'm not quite sure how I found your site, but you are absolutely amazing. Wow wow wow! Your work is simply divine!

Anonymous said...

Amazing work!!! Simple but great. Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, your Jesus story cake is so awesome, you should have gotten first prize for it. I just want to ask for your permission, I was asked to make a cake for our church's easter dinner in March and I thought of doing something similar to your cake. Let me know if that's alright. -Nicole

Unknown said...

Excelente

Umer Ghani said...

Amazing blog!!! Simple but great. For more about Bakery Packaging UK