WELCOME to our blog's new look!
If you're looking for our website, go to www.cupcakegallery.com.au

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Princess Cupcake Afternoon photo shoot

My local council (Hills) wanted to come and take some photos of my work for their upcoming 2011 calendar, and asked if I could arrange for a couple of extra kids to come for some action shots of me teaching cupcakes. So I decided on a princess theme and invited a couple of my 3-year-old's girly-girl friends over for an afternoon of princess cupcake decorating fun!

Inspired by the likes of Mrs A in the Cove, I've always wanted to do a party spread like this, so this was the perfect excuse.

The whole thing turned out a little bigger than Ben Hur and I lost many hours of sleep over it, but in the end I was really pleased with the result!

 the spread
Juice, macarons, cakepops, and marshmallows
What you see here are 2nd rate macarons...
After the first succesful few batches of macarons, I hit a macaron wall this week and all attempts flopped. Being a perfectionist, I just had to keep trying... but after 6 batches, even I had to say enough is enough.
Well, just ONE more :o) ... magic batch #7 turned out beautifully!
So the night before the photo shoot, I laid out the best of my batch #7 macarons to take some photos... and ended up smashing the whole box of them when I was packing up!!!!!
Lucky I had some list-B macarons waiting in the fridge for their moment of glory (the tops are a little browned)...
Cakepops - another thing I've been itching to try.
 Love heart cookiepops
Meringues courtesy of Woolworths
Party bags
The castle cake.
Princess cupcakes (cupcake is under the dress).
'Upside-down' cupcake inspired by Debbie Browne
I was really happy with how these turned out.
Snow White
Cinderella
Tiana
Belle
Sleeping Beauty
Outside for the photo shoot

9 comments:

Sarah Moore said...

You are SO incredibly creative :)

Litter Pans said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
leila_bondoc said...

i absolutely love it! :)

Julie (Creative Cakes) said...

Jo, your work is absolutely sensational. LOVE your cupcakes, and that castle is gorgeous too! I SOOO feel for you with those macarons - I would have been exactly the same (batch after batch after batch!) Great job Jo!

Kiwicakes said...

sensational

Sweet Style said...

Hi Jo - I am sorry it has been a while since I paid a visit but wow so pleased I am back - you have done an amazing job here - everything is so perfect - blown away by that cake you have created and all the details are just perfect - hope you had fun creating the table.
(Thank you for mentioning me in your post!). Leanne x

Bakverk och Fikastunder said...

I love the castle, I am impressed. Good work!

Cupcakes 4 You said...

I love this princess cake!! Your fondant work is amazing!

http://cupck4u.blogspot.com

Unknown said...


Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I truly appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for your next write ups thanks once again.

Rica
www.imarksweb.org